Thank you to our "Ding-a-lings"...er...bell ringers. Ottawa Presby folks rang bells for the Salvation Army's "Christmas in July" last week on July 24 and 25. Over $2,000 was raised--because need knows no season. Ho! Ho! Ho!
DON'T FORGET--OUTDOOR WORSHIP AT HAPPY ACRES ON AUGUST 3. IF YOU COME TO THE CHURCH BUILDING, YOU MAY BE ALL BY YOURSELF....
Welcome to Ottawa Presbyterian Church!
Located at 150 North Oak on the corner of East Third Street and Oak Street.
Telephone: (419) 523-3694
Sunday Worship services begin at 9:45 am. Breakfast begins earlier at 9 am. (We are on our summer schedule through Labor Day Weekend)
- Sustained by our faith
- Supported by our families
- Renewed through our fellowship
- Filled with hope for our future
Pastor Lynn Bova is serving as our temporary lay pastor. Her goal is to be in the office two days each week.
During much of August, Pastor Lynn will be on vacation from her long list of part-time jobs. She will be in Ottawa on the following days from now through the end of August:
Wednesday-7/23 (Session), Thursday-7/24, Monday-7/28, Wednesday-7/30, Tuesday-8/5, Wednesday-8/6. And then it's time to pack for a well-deserved trip!
Pastor Lynn will return to the pulpit on Sunday, August 31.
While Pastor Lynn is away, please contact the office if you need pastoral care. Reverend Roy Pneuman will be on call for our congregation during this time.
Pint-size Presbies go Pickin'
- August 3 - Outdoor Worship at "Happy Acres" along with communion. Also Food Pantry Sunday. TIME CHANGE: 10:45 instead of 9:45!! (Why? because we're having a carry-in lunch that day, too!) Bring a dish to share, lawn chairs, games (?)--and most importantly--YOURSELF!
- August 7 - Jam Session with "The Dulcimer Gatherin'" - 6 to 9 pm
- August 10 - Message given by Jeff &/or Amy R.
- August 15 - Orders for Food Pantry T-shirts due. See flyer.
- August 17 - Message by Jodi Y.
- August 21 - Field trip to KitchenAid in Greenville, OH
- August 24 - Message by Diane B.
- August 24 - Highway Clean-up after church. Please come to worship dressed in your workclothes
- September 4 - Field trip to "Josiah for President" in Shipshewana, IN
- September 7 - Sunday School resumes, Fall Schedule resumes
- September 13 - Women's Breakfast (9 am)
- ONGOING PROJECTS: (1) Food Pantry--need baby food & diapers (size 5, 6, & 7); (2) Sunday School supplies are needed--see bulletin board in Fellowship Hall, and (3) Operation Christmas Child. See flyer.
Daily devotionals are available throughout the year at d365. Check it out--along with the great music that is included.